Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can I inherited from a template report?

I must make many report in my project.

All the reports must have header of company name and footer of page number.

Can I desgin a template custom report, then all reports in my project are inherited from it?

This is very easy to do if you are developing your reports in Visual Studio. The templates for reports are stored at the following path:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\ProjectItems\ReportProject\

You can create a template report and save it in this location, and then when you want to use it, from within your report project, click on the 'Project' menu option, and select 'Add New Item...'. When the dialog opens, you should see all .rdl files located in the above directory.

Hope that helps - Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment