Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can I impersonate a userid in sql server odbc connection to Sql Server 2000?

My client gave me a domain/userid which I use with terminal server and mapped network drives to do work for them. However, I'd like to set up odbc access from my client pc (which is not on their domain) to their database for testing. It seems like you only have 2 choices - trusted authentication or sql authentication. Is there any way to use trusted authentication but change the userid? This would be similar to the map network drive "connect using a different user id" function.

I'm connecting to a Win2003 server running SQL Server 2000 from a WinXP PC.

Not realy, if you are using trusted connections you need to have a valid username and password that is allowed on the sql server. Is there a way that you could get the DBA to add your workstation\username to the database, then you should be able to pass your details... The other option would be to get another user set up that you could terminal serve in with and test with that.

|||Thanks for the answer. I do use terminal server but I have a problem in that once i minimize the screen or close it and come back in, my access database that is running minimizes and won't come back. So I thought I'd use odbc from my workstation to check on the status of the programs. I'll pursue having them add my workstation and userid as a trusted userid on that server.

No comments:

Post a Comment