Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can I dynamically change the width of objects?

I have a problem using the table object. I have columns that I sometimes want to show, and I want the page to run off the edge and be two pages. However, usually I'm hiding many of the columns and the table "shrinks" enough to fit on one page. When this happens, the table looks right on the first page, but I get blank pages after it, because the report itself will not shrink.
Is there a way to dynamically change the size of the table and report so that it doesn't print blank pages if it doesn't need to?
Thanks,
John
Unfortunately, there is no way to shrink the body size of the report. This is under consideration for a future release.|||

We had same situation where user would select few columns out of some possible 50 data columns.

We ended with doing some logic programmatically.

1) GetReportDefinition() of report containing 50 columns

2) As rdl from #1 is XML, we manipluate the xml by deleting the unselected columns and reordering them as per selected display order

3) publish the new report with unique name to a temp folder in reporing server

4) Now generate the report

5) then delete the report from temp folder

|||

We have the same issue with a client where a dense grid in 12.5 in body with borders it is 13in. The client uses IE6.

I read that IE7 supports Shrink-to-fit. Would that work with SSRS reports pending the Shrink-to-fit functionality printing in SSRS?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment