Thursday, March 29, 2012

Can I import a deployed report back into Visual Studio?

I created and deployed a report to my Report Server and everything is functioning fine. However, my laptop was inadvertantly wiped when I was having it serviced and I had not backed up this report to VSS. Is there a way to import that deployed report back in to Visual Studio or do I have to basically rebuild my report from scratch?

Hello,

If you go to the Properties tab for your report in Report Manager, there should be a link called 'Edit' in the Report Definition section. If you click this, you can save the RDL file as it is on the server. Then, just import that report back into Visual Studio.

Hope this helps.

Jarret

|||

No, fortunately you don′t need to :-)

You can either download the RDL using the webinterface ("Edit item") or write an pplication which pulls the information from the report server. There are some samples in the samples directory which show how to do this.

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de

|||Yes, thank you very much. That did the trick!|||I will take a look at the samples and learn how to do it programmatically. In the meantime, my butt is out of the proverbial sling. Many thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment