Sunday, March 25, 2012

Can I filter the data on mining structure, mining model?

I perform data mining on all products and a specific product category.
Do I need to create 2 data source views, one for all products and the other one for the specific product category?
Afterward, I run the Data Mining Wizard 2 times to create 2 mining structures.
I also need to add the same mining model (e.g. Bayes, Cluster) to each of these mining structures.
Is there any simple way to do it?

Thanks.
Joe.

Yes you'd need to use two data sources. However instead of going through the wizard twice and recreating all the contained models, you could use SQL Mgmt Studio to script the mining structure and its contained models, modify the name in the generated script and then run t. To do this, right-click on the mining structure in SQL Mgmt Studio and select "Script Mining Structure As"-> CREATE TO.

|||Thanks Raman.

No comments:

Post a Comment