Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can anyone Help Me??

Hi gurus,
I have been trying to export my mssql tables into mysql database using DTS. But I get a very strange error for some of my mssql tables which have "text" and "ntext" as field datatypes.The error message that i was gettins is,
"Query based insertion or updating of BLOB values is not supported".
But iam not using any BLOB values in my tables.
So if anyone has any solution for this please let me know.
Thanking you.Are using ODBC to connect the database in ur package?
Try to use SQL Oledb driver.
download latest service pack of SQL Server
download latest MDAC also,if it is not latest.|||I do not think this is going to work. when the error says blob it is talking about the text columns. avoid using text and ntext if at all possible. it usually not really needed. Find the max len of the exisiting data and perhaps change your data type.

No comments:

Post a Comment