Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can anyone really disable caching?

For report properties, I am in 'Execution' and the settings is at 'Do not
cache'. I'd expect this to totally stop caching!
What I'm looking for is the report to pull back fresh data every time it's
requested, NOT when a parameter has to be changed first.
I saw a solution where developers where putting hidden fields on their
reports where these are populated by data that will change every time a
report is requested. If this is the only solution then I understand
completely why this has to happen, but it's still completely hideous. Any
ideas?If the report is set to live you should always get back fresh data, unless
you are doing drill downs. Are you saying if you open two browsers and
browse at separate times they will get cached data?
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Matt Swift" <MattSwift@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7E9D7F4B-503D-4056-B2D2-B9D238AD7910@.microsoft.com...
> For report properties, I am in 'Execution' and the settings is at 'Do not
> cache'. I'd expect this to totally stop caching!
> What I'm looking for is the report to pull back fresh data every time it's
> requested, NOT when a parameter has to be changed first.
> I saw a solution where developers where putting hidden fields on their
> reports where these are populated by data that will change every time a
> report is requested. If this is the only solution then I understand
> completely why this has to happen, but it's still completely hideous.
> Any
> ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment