Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can anyone offer me any suggestions on how to create a back up site w/ db in the

I am currently running a site on a shared environment with sql db. The account is with verio.com: Windows Server 2003m SQL 2000.

What we would like to do is create a back up site with a backup db. I would like this functionality so that in the event of a crash, while the current site is being repaired, or if the server is down for a prolonged period, I can simply switch to the backup site w/ db.

What would the preferable method of doing this in such an environment? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.Look into Log Shipping, sounds like it may answer your needs.|||I just read up on that at:

http://www.sql-server-performance.com/sql_server_log_shipping.asp

Very interesting...however can I pull that off in a shared environment, even if I have to get a second account?|||I don't see any issue with LS working in shared environment.
Can you explain about second account?|||Originally posted by rdjabarov
Look into Log Shipping, sounds like it may answer your needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment