Sunday, February 19, 2012

can a textbox hold the value of more than 1 field? maybe use funct

Hello,
My question is if a textbox in a report can contain values from multiple
fields from the data source:
txt1.value
=Fields!txt1.Value & "-" & Fields!txt2.Value & "-" & Fields!txt3.Value
If this is doable, what is the method/correct method?
I can add multiple fields to one textbox in an MS Access Report. Can this
be done in a Reporting Services Report? I am thinking I could use a function
which would return the concatenated values of these fields as a string. What
would the code for that function look like?
Thanks,
RichI figured out my problem. I added some new fields to my dataset, but not to
the report. Gotta do that for them to compile without complaining.
"Rich" wrote:
> Hello,
> My question is if a textbox in a report can contain values from multiple
> fields from the data source:
> txt1.value
> =Fields!txt1.Value & "-" & Fields!txt2.Value & "-" & Fields!txt3.Value
> If this is doable, what is the method/correct method?
> I can add multiple fields to one textbox in an MS Access Report. Can this
> be done in a Reporting Services Report? I am thinking I could use a function
> which would return the concatenated values of these fields as a string. What
> would the code for that function look like?
> Thanks,
> Rich|||You are correct, your format looks correct to me.
Steve MunLeeuw
"Rich" <Rich@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2D73C97A-9840-4D71-91CA-42B27A1D0B40@.microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> My question is if a textbox in a report can contain values from multiple
> fields from the data source:
> txt1.value
> =Fields!txt1.Value & "-" & Fields!txt2.Value & "-" & Fields!txt3.Value
> If this is doable, what is the method/correct method?
> I can add multiple fields to one textbox in an MS Access Report. Can this
> be done in a Reporting Services Report? I am thinking I could use a
> function
> which would return the concatenated values of these fields as a string.
> What
> would the code for that function look like?
> Thanks,
> Rich|||Thank you. I am still learning. Learn by doing. BTW, if I notice a bug,
who can I report that too?
My actual project is using the reportviewer control that comes with VS2005
(it is almost the same as RS except doesn't require a server - and a few
other things). It works pretty good, but when I select a tractor feeding
printer (one of those older wide paper - dotmatrix like printers) if I tell
the layout to print landscape when using US STD Fanfold paper , the little
icon in the dialog display portrait and it prints portrait. Then if I tell
it Portrait when using the US STD Fanfold papter with tractor feed printer -
the icon displays landscapte and prints landscape. It is pretty obvious that
someone mixed up the options.
So I am not trying to be mr. picky, but when the end user uses my product,
it needs to work according to the standards. Who can I report this too?
Thanks,
Rich
"Steve MunLeeuw" wrote:
> You are correct, your format looks correct to me.
> Steve MunLeeuw
> "Rich" <Rich@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2D73C97A-9840-4D71-91CA-42B27A1D0B40@.microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > My question is if a textbox in a report can contain values from multiple
> > fields from the data source:
> >
> > txt1.value
> >
> > =Fields!txt1.Value & "-" & Fields!txt2.Value & "-" & Fields!txt3.Value
> >
> > If this is doable, what is the method/correct method?
> >
> > I can add multiple fields to one textbox in an MS Access Report. Can this
> > be done in a Reporting Services Report? I am thinking I could use a
> > function
> > which would return the concatenated values of these fields as a string.
> > What
> > would the code for that function look like?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Rich
>
>|||http://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback
Yeah, dealing with different page sizes can be tricky from what I gather.
Luckily I haven't had to deal with that much. Adobe allows you to have
pages in both landscape and portrait in the same document I was asked if I
could do that the other day. I don't think I could.
Steve MunLeeuw
"Rich" <Rich@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D2173E9D-E9AF-410D-AFEE-E919AF360951@.microsoft.com...
> Thank you. I am still learning. Learn by doing. BTW, if I notice a bug,
> who can I report that too?
> My actual project is using the reportviewer control that comes with VS2005
> (it is almost the same as RS except doesn't require a server - and a few
> other things). It works pretty good, but when I select a tractor feeding
> printer (one of those older wide paper - dotmatrix like printers) if I
> tell
> the layout to print landscape when using US STD Fanfold paper , the little
> icon in the dialog display portrait and it prints portrait. Then if I
> tell
> it Portrait when using the US STD Fanfold papter with tractor feed
> printer -
> the icon displays landscapte and prints landscape. It is pretty obvious
> that
> someone mixed up the options.
> So I am not trying to be mr. picky, but when the end user uses my product,
> it needs to work according to the standards. Who can I report this too?
> Thanks,
> Rich
> "Steve MunLeeuw" wrote:
>> You are correct, your format looks correct to me.
>> Steve MunLeeuw
>> "Rich" <Rich@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:2D73C97A-9840-4D71-91CA-42B27A1D0B40@.microsoft.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > My question is if a textbox in a report can contain values from
>> > multiple
>> > fields from the data source:
>> >
>> > txt1.value
>> >
>> > =Fields!txt1.Value & "-" & Fields!txt2.Value & "-" & Fields!txt3.Value
>> >
>> > If this is doable, what is the method/correct method?
>> >
>> > I can add multiple fields to one textbox in an MS Access Report. Can
>> > this
>> > be done in a Reporting Services Report? I am thinking I could use a
>> > function
>> > which would return the concatenated values of these fields as a string.
>> > What
>> > would the code for that function look like?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Rich
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment