Saturday, February 25, 2012

Can anyone help with help?

I guess I shouldn't expect Microsoft to go to any trouble to make our lives easier but my goodness they've out done themselves with the latest help system.

Can anyone tell me how to actually find help on anything? I open SQL Server Managment studio and click help How do I and get help on how to use help... Boy how useful... Next I click on search and tell it to search for Autoinc, or increment, and tell it to search products for SQL Server. Boy how nice to bring me all these useful topics on articles written on Fox Pro in the late 90's...

In fact, not a single help entry on SQL Server anywhere in my list... Great!

This is normal. Every search I've done I've had to resort to google. I've even tried turning off this feature to go to the Internet for all the help and its still useless.

All I started out wanting was to find out how to create an AutoInc field type or at least provide that type of feature with SQL Server and 30 minutes later I find myself complaining about help on help!

Is anyone finding this help system with Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005 even remotely helpful? They should rename it the ConfuseQLater or something...

what i understand from this is u have not installed Books Online (BOL) which is the bible for SQL Server... While installing you should have opted this option ...

download and install BOL from this link...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a6f79cb1-a420-445f-8a4b-bd77a7da194b&displaylang=en

Madhu

No comments:

Post a Comment